Contact Us: 410.560.1444
Posted: October 18, 2016
Job ID: 12779
Job Category: Application Development
Senior .NET Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology Services is seeking a .NET Developer to join our team in Sparks, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Senior .Net Developer will participate in the creation of enterprise-class applications using proven design patterns on the latest technology platforms. The position requires a strong hands-on developer that will fully participate in the software development process. Development is on the .NET platform which requires strong knowledge and understanding of related technologies. This resource will develop software following Agile Scrum development methodologies.
· Develop leading technology application using latest .net technology in an Agile environment
· Translate Business and functional requirements into a complete, multi-tier solution, including user interface, business logic, and database.
· Implement solutions on the MS .NET platform, within existing application development framework.
· Follow the strategic direction of the department as a whole and provide suggestions to improve the company and department processes.
· Maintain in depth technical expertise in all areas of MS products, industry trends, and competitive offerings and apply it to the business needs of customers.
· Balance the right solution against performance time cost and value.
· Candidate should be able to work independently and be able to lead team initiative.
· Participate in design of software to meet business requirements in a highly participatory process.
· Play a key role on data integration and middle tier teams delivering code supporting middle tier business logic and data access layerS
· Provide technical documentation as required
· Participate in code reviews, planning sessions and daily status stand-ups.
· Technical Skills:
· Experienced and skilled in computer systems in a windows based environment
· Experience in developing web application in ASP.Net WebForms/MVC
· Experience in ASP.Net WebServices
· Strong knowledge in C#
· Experience in developing Windows Applications or Windows Services using .Net
· Experience in SQL Server development
· Experience with Agile/Scrum product development and project methodology
· Experience with n-tier/distributed application development using web services .
· C#.Net experience
· Experience in Visual Studio 2010
· Design and Development experience using object-oriented design principles.
· Exposure to Rule-based software design and implementation.
· Solution oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task and willing to learn new terminology and business concepts.
· Demonstrated ability to articulate clearly and effectively
· Superior listening, oral and written skills.
· Bachelor’s degree (or any combination of foreign degrees, diplomas, or professional credentials determined to be equivalent to a bachelor’s or higher degree by a qualified evaluation service) in IT, Computer Science. Engineering or related field.
· 5 years’ experience as a .NET software engineer, developer or programmer.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
· Service oriented and has a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
· Operates with integrity and honesty.
· Treats others how they would want to be treated.
· Displays a positive, constructive, “can do” attitude.
· Eager to learn and contribute to the success of the organization.
· Uses sound judgment and discernment skills.
· Takes ownership for one’s own performance, and is actively engaged in becoming proficient at their job and being held accountable.
· Able to understand how one’s tasks and responsibilities are related to other departments, the company, and the local business industry.
· Receptive to criticism and direction.
· Works diligently and well under deadline pressures.
· Projects maturity and professionalism.
· Approaches problems as opportunities and searches for mutually beneficial solutions.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Company Paid Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 12779 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry, include:
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when you work with Vision.