AWS Architect (13365)
Posted: June 14, 2016
Job ID: 13365
Job Category: Network Engineering & Administration
Vision Technology Services (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology Services is seeking an AWS Architect to join our team in Owings Mills, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary function of this role is to map business strategies into an enterprise-wide cloud architecture strategy.
- Create and manage enterprise-wide cloud architecture processes.
- Develop the supporting future state enterprise cloud architecture which provides a unified view of our enterprise technology for the entire technology organization, its strategic vendors, and a technology investment plan which provides the roadmap for implementing that architecture.
- Serve as a thought leader in aligning cloud architecture capabilities with business strategies.
- Define the architecture strategy for the firm, drawing on deep knowledge and experience as well as industry best practices. In defining the strategy, this role will look at four perspectives:
- The business perspective: Interface across all business areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future cloud projects.
- The application perspective: define the interactions among the processes and standards used by the organization. Lead and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide Enterprise Cloud Architecture decision making. Lead the Enterprise Cloud Architecture Governance processes.
- The information perspective: define and classify raw data (such as documents files, databases, images, presentations and spreadsheet)
- The technology perspective: the role will define the cloud service solutions used by the organization. This role will be accountable for the success of all cloud architecture technology and fit with the business. Leads the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise architecture. In addition, this role will work with project managers, and development staff to identify shared services planning tasks and requirements. This role will introduce cloud architectural governance methods into the overall governance model owned and maintained by the Global Technology Organization.
- Work with the CTO, Business Leaders, VPs IT, Finance and functional area leaders to ensure transformation costs, impact and value are properly understood, estimated and controlled.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants and senior company leadership to ensure commitment and alignment for the IT Technology Transformation strategy and programs.
- Will manage 4-5 Directs, matrixed architects and senior architects, Solutions Analysts/Consultants, Business Process Consultants, and Program and Project Managers
- Responsible for management of the budget and its allocation across the different projects, but must work with the business sponsors and senior management for funding approvals. Budgets upward from $1M.
- 8 years of project and/or program management experience
- Experience defining and implementing cloud service solutions
- Experience managing large budgets
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Experience managing and leading virtual, cross-functional teams
- Experience leading the creation of governing principles to guide Enterprise Cloud Architecture decision making
- Experience classifying raw data (such as documents files, databases, images, presentations and spreadsheet)
- Experience managing budgets over 1 million
- Experience managing other managers on multiple project teams
- Experience migrating a physical data center environment to an AWS cloud service solution (AWS Architect)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in the financial industry
- College degree and 8 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 10 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 12 years related work experience
- PMP preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence and partner with IT and Business organizations.
- Proven leadership skills a must
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong passion and expertise in technology solutions
- Team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Strong consultative skills required to work directly with the business leaders and appropriately influence, understand architecture gaps; working across the organization to develop new capabilities for firm leverage
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels in and across the organization and deliver complex information to nontechnical audiences.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Company Paid Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 13365 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT
consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is
because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information
technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT
jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading
provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry,
Software & Application Development ( .net and Java )
ERP & CRM
Quality Assurance and Testing
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology
staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly
believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing
and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has
developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee
recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to
promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology
consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll
be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope
you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when
you work with Vision.