Enterprise Project Manager (PG) (13575)
Posted: October 04, 2016
Job ID: 13575
Job Category: Application Development
Senior Enterprise Project Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Enterprise Project Manager to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Enterprise Project Management Office. Develop and implement EPMO standards and processes, manage enterprise projects, and, successfully lead a business analyst support team. In addition, the Enterprise Project Manager shall introduce an enablement model which gives the ability to be self-sufficient after the implementation goes into a maintenance mode.
- Senior level Enterprise Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years of experience preferably working in a government environment.
- Strong technical experience using Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Project 2013, Microsoft
Project Server and reporting capabilities, and Microsoft Office 2013 Suite.
- Experience with the functioning of an EPMO and interacting with steering committees
- Experience in Project Governance.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- PMP required
- PgMP certifications, and working knowledge of multiple project methodologies, such as the Rational Unified Process(RUP) and Scrum are viewed as a plus.
- Build the EPMO organization with positions to include project managers and business analysts.
- Manage the EPMO staff.
- Chair and manage the EPMO Board meetings and membership.
- Collect and/or validate status information from project managers and business analysts to support the EPMO Board’s oversight of existing projects in a timely manner (active, pending, and recently completed).
- Develop and manage County-wide working groups (e.g., government administration, health and human services, environmental services, economic development).
- Ensure the consistent flow of current, accurate, and usable information between the EPMO,EPMO Board, OIT PMO, working groups, project stakeholders, agency project managers, and executives.
- Develop service level agreements for OIT incidents and services.
- Develop and manage the relationship between the OIT PMO and the EPMO.
- Develop, implement and manage EPMO Services.
- Align EPMO with the budget process including project budget validation, tracking, and analysis.
- Increase successful project execution through defining, developing, documenting, implementing, and communicating standardized project management processes, procedures, and practices for the entire project lifecycle.
- Develop and standardize templates.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manage the portfolio of enterprise projects.
- Manage project portfolio management system including the specific human and automated tasks
- (via Microsoft Project Server – MSPS) and business process for managing EPMO projects.
- Plan and execute enterprise projects.
- Collect and update projections of project timing and resource allocations for upcoming months in order to provide at capacity forecast.
- Support project and program delivery, resulting in increased efficiency and effectiveness with fewer resources.
- Measure project success to ensure documented requirements are achieved.
- Deliver on the County’s top initiatives to achieve critical business goals and objectives.
- Project Management Strategy and Planning.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Define and disseminate project success criteria to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Project Management Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the organization.
- Forecast future resource capacity.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
- Adjusts to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Able to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, technical staff, clients, and other departments.
- Able to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Able to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Customer service skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into project and portfolio management issues and products as required.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Plan and execute enterprise projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define the project’s objectives.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Ensure quality control throughout project lifecycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors, while influencing them to take positive action, along with accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Attend EPMO Board and OIT PMO meetings.
- Provide administrative support for recordkeeping and follow-up with both meeting attendees and non-attendees.
- Report on status of existing projects.
- Validate portfolio-level reporting before alerting EPMO Board and senior leadership of its availability.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful (and unsuccessful) project elements.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com
Job Order Number: 13575 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT
consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is
because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information
technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT
jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading
provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry,
Software & Application Development ( .net and Java )
ERP & CRM
Quality Assurance and Testing
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology
staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly
believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing
and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has
developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee
recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to
promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology
consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll
be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope
you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when
you work with Vision.