Senior Business Analyst (PG) (13576)
Posted: October 04, 2016
Job ID: 13576
Job Category: Application Development
Senior Business Analyst
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior-level Business Analyst(s) with a minimum of eight (8) years of project
management experience, preferably working in a government environment.
- Experience using Microsoft (SharePoint 2013, Project/Project Server, and Office 2013 Suite).
- Build a Capable Work Team – Individuals proposed and accepted will also work with the existingBusiness Analysis Team to develop a Business Analyst Workforce Capability Model to successfullyexecute the Business Analyst function for current and anticipated projects, to be aligned with theInternational Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Business Analyst Experience and Abilities
The Business Analysts must have proven experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to perform thefollowing activities:
- Business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodologydevelopment.
- Plan the business analysis approach, activities, and processes needed for developing successful solutions.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis, facilitating the elicitation of stakeholder requirements.
- Conduct requirements management process; review, analyze, and evaluate documents, business systems, user needs, and functional and non-functional requirements; document and report findings.
- Examine/review stakeholder information to assess risks of projects or programs.
- Plan and coordinate business analysis communications.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Integrate business processes and procedures.
- Prepare clear, concisely written documentation that communicates technical information to anytarget audience.
- Develop training curriculum and conduct formal training sessions.
- Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications.
- Develop change management strategies.
- Possess high level technical knowledge of business applications, languages or business processmanagement (BPM) platforms.
- Business Process Analysis and Reengineering.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems.
- Combine business-planning expertise to analyze and translate an agency's business
requirements into business process changes.
- Review business processes within an agency and document, assess, recommend, and developupdated or new, more efficient models, workflow processes, business processes, functions andprocedures.
- Centralize services for more efficient work environment or reduce duplication process occurringbetween departments.
- Recommend the replacement of obsolete technology and the automation of manual processes.
- Facilitate effective deployments / modifications to current practices.
- Develop policies and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve
internal and external customer service.
- Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes.
- Project manager expertise and use of project management software.
- Provide knowledge, leadership and direction for the business analysis effort of the project.
- Coordinate and manage business analyst functions of the project from inception to postimple mentationsupport.
- Consult with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define, and document
business needs and objectives; current operational procedures, problems, input and output
requirements; and levels of systems access.
- Prepare proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Develop business case to include feasibility analysis, cost benefit justification, functional
requirements, and ROI review for new systems and enhancements to existing systems for the
development of a recommendation to decision makers.
- Assist in the analysis, design, configuration, testing, and maintenance of systems.
- Assist the Project Manager with project deliverables.
- Handle multiple and parallel projects.
- Follow through on project implementation to ensure the agency/customer requirements havebeen met.
- Compile project status reports, coordinate project schedules, manage project meetings, andfacilitate resolution of technical problems.
- Liaison between the IT department and the customer / agency for each stage of development in aproject or program implementation.
- Function as a liaison between departmental end-users, information technology staff, consultants,and other governmental organizations.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with user agencies to assess and assist in the resolution oftechnical and administrative problems.
- Participate in studies of new and existing programs, along with special projects to determinefeasibility, resolve problems, including organizational, procedural, technical, and fiscal researchand analysis.
- Interpret and facilitate communication, along with the translation of the customer’s businessgoals and requirements into technology goals and objectives required to accomplish those tasks.
- Explain, advocate, and negotiate with groups and individuals internally / externally, includingdeveloping and conducting presentations, writing reports and facilitating focus groups.
- Acquire subject matter expertise and knowledge of current, along with emerging technologies,including the functions and activities of an agency or department, including applicable laws,rules, regulations, procedures, and technical operations.
- Research and prepare reports, written findings, and recommendations using data from computersystems and internal surveys. Consolidate information into cohesive and understandablecorrespondence or other written form for use in management decision-making.
- Develop the Business Analyst Function
- Senior-level business analyst(s) must also establish and document standardized methodology, tasks, techniques, knowledge, skills, processes, templates, and deliverables for the OIT business analystfunction in the areas of:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Planning Business Analysis Approach
- Documenting Key Assumptions
- Conducting Stakeholder Analysis
- Planning Business Analysis Activities
- Planning Business Analysis Communication
- Managing Issues, Risks, and Requirements
- Planning Requirements Management Process
- Monitoring and Reporting Requirements Activities
- Managing Change
- 2. Elicitation
- Preparing for Elicitation
- Elicitation Techniques
- Recording Elicitation Results
- Confirming Elicitation Results
- 3. Requirements Management and Communications
- Managing Solution Scope and Requirements
- Managing Requirements Traceability
- Communicating Requirements
- Maintaining Requirements for Reuse
- Resolving Conflicts
- Gaining Formal Approval
- Base lining Requirements
- Tracking Requirements through to Implementation
- 4. Enterprise Analysis
- Assessing Business Architecture
- Assessing Business Capabilities and Gaps
- Feasibility Studies
- Determining the Solution Approach
- Defining Solution Scope
- Identifying the Business Need
- Gathering Enterprise Information
- Developing Project Objectives
- Developing Business Cases
- 5. Requirements Analysis
- Documenting and Analyzing Business, Stakeholder, Functional, and Non-functional Requirements
- Modeling the Business Domain (Process Diagrams, Flow Charts, Data Models)
- Exploring Behavior Models (Use Case, Storyboards, User Profiles)
- Prioritizing and Organizing Requirements
- Managing Assumptions, Constraints, and Risks
- Verifying and Validating Requirements
- 6. Solution Assessment and Validation
- Assessing the Proposed Solution
- Assessing Organization Readiness
- Defining Transition Requirements
- Evaluating Alternate Solutions
- Developing Quality Assurance Processes
- Supporting Through Implementation
- Conducting Post-Implementation Reviews
Specific Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certified
- Certified Scrum Master- preferred
- Requires a writing sample
- Business analyst(s) should possess the following personal attributes:
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Microsoft Project Server, to develop project schedules, reports, documents, and presentations as appropriate to assist in the communication of information.
- Establishing the Knowledge and Competencies for Effective Business Analysis
- Behavioral Characteristics and Leadership Skills
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Business Knowledge
- Interaction Skills
- Software Applications Skills
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com
Job Order Number: 13576 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT
consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is
because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information
technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT
jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading
provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry,
Software & Application Development ( .net and Java )
ERP & CRM
Quality Assurance and Testing
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology
staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly
believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing
and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has
developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee
recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to
promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology
consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll
be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope
you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when
you work with Vision.