Senior Manager, Applications Development & Support (13249)
Posted: April 27, 2016
Job ID: 13249
Job Category: Other Positions
Senior Manager, Applications Development & Support
Vision Technology Services (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology Services is seeking a Senior Manager, Applications Development & Support to join our team in Philadelphia, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Manager, Applications Development & Support in the Technology Solutions organization (IT) will serve as the technology solutions development & maintenance partner for the enterprise. This position will be responsible for proactive & impactful global system architecture, integration, development & support for the evolving ABS technology platform.
- This individual will possess excellent strategic, tactical and technical capabilities, business acumen, customer relationship and team management capabilities, as well as proven experience in successfully driving projects and delivering significant business impact.
- The Senior Manager, Applications Development & Support will collaborate closely with external senior client partners and business owners / PMO as well as will play a significant role in demonstrating IT differentiation and global capabilities through ongoing internal and industry relationships. Excellent leadership and communication, customer and client relationship skills, and presentation capabilities are key to the success of this very strategic and impactful role. This position will also closely align with the Enterprise process owners and IT PMO to insure that the IT team is delivering and integrating the requisite tools to align with and support the strategy and operations of the business as defined by the Mission of ABS.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, Technology Solutions (IT), the Senior Manager will be responsible for engaging with the organization to develop a strategic, roadmap, architecture, system application portfolio and development / support plan for scalable and reusable technology platforms that align with the ABS mission.
- The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) from an accredited college or university ideally with a concentration in IT or related discipline; an advanced degree is desirable, but not required.
- The ideal candidate must be self-confident but also have the ability to network and influence behaviors/actions through listening, persuasion and diplomacy. She/he should have well developed management and people skills, strong analytical and reasoning skills and strong technical skills. The successful placement must have a strong sense of commitment to the ABS Mission and the position, and be enthusiastic about the opportunity to make a substantial contribution to its continued growth.
- A leader with business savvy who possesses the maturity, drive, patience and knowledge necessary to work through the organization to lead the building of a world-class technology organization
- A team player who collaborates well with peers, subordinates and superiors
- An effective communicator who thinks strategically and has a strong customer service orientation
- Independent thinker; capable of managing vendors, outsourcers and partners
- Action oriented; an individual not afraid to roll up her/his sleeves
- Participative management style – advocates team-building concepts
- Sound judgment and good communication skills; able to communicate effectively with both internal management and external providers/suppliers
- A leader who effectively deals with ambiguity and holds him/herself accountable regardless of responsibility.
- Experience or exposure to some or all of the following Web/LINUX technologies, environments and tools: Amazon AWS, HTML, Ruby on Rails, node.js, React, Cucumber, RSpec, Travis CI, Git, Cordova and OpsWorks.
- Experience or exposure to some or all of the following Microsoft technologies environments and tools: SQL Database/Server, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, SharePoint, Azure.
- Support the IT PMO and business process owners with requirements management, system analysis, design, development & quality assurance services for multiple back-office, web and mobile products, including system architecture & integration, data architecture & standards, data delivery for insights and analysis, operational application support & database administration and vendor SLA / SOW management
- Manage application portfolio, architecture, development, maintenance & support – including the ‘dotted-lines’ applications in the functional areas
- Provide database administration & application integration; data warehousing
- Develop a resourcing model to support new development as well as application maintenance; manage a team remote & onsite employees as well as off-shore resources as appropriate based on resource and workload needs
- Provide an environment where the best people want to work
- Establish procedures, and standards for SDLC, regulatory & audit compliance
- Establish best-in-class processes for project management & quality assurance
- Establish a cadence for internal and external it communications
- Develop impactful application technical strategies and provide leadership for the successful design, development, and execution of those strategies & tactics in a timely, cost effective, and quality manner
- Focus on building a high-performance and effective team with experience in adopting and executing standardized processes and tools for all initiatives
- Lead the entire project life-cycle through the project inception, requirements, business case and scope through to implementation and change management
- Participation in a cross-functional key stakeholder committee responsible for evaluating all business projects and prioritization process as needed
- Foster and enable an open, collaborative, synergistic environment among the business and IT; engage closely so that projects meet expectations and drive intended value
- Drive operational execution excellence and Performance Management KSMs within the Applications Development & Support organization to ensure that project timelines and requirements are met
- Manage an adaptable & flexible staffing and resource model that will potentially involve a mix of onsite & remote employees as well as off-shore resources as needed
- Provide integration and scalability for a portfolio of packaged and custom applications
- Lead, manage and reward/recognize a highly productive, motivated and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward and coaching techniques.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current and evolving technologies. Advise & educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact
- Partner with the IT PMO, business unit leaders and other key stakeholders to drive innovation, change and implement new business processes and systems to drive value to the business
- Maintain close working relationships with senior business leaders, various functional leaders, partners and senior executive across ABS
- Develop, track, and control the annual operating expenses and capital budgets.
- REPORTING AND MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE:
- This position will report to the Managing Director, Technology Solutions (IT) and will oversee a team of 5-8 direct reports.
- TRAVEL: Approximately 10 - 25%
- The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- Requires 10 (or more) years of management experience in IT Leadership capacity
- Proven experience leading large and complex projects and environments with demonstrated business impacts and in selling the value of technology to the business including managing domestic and off-shore resources
- Experience with SDLC, zero-based budgeting methods and practices
- Ability to interface with the PMO, partners, donors and business owners, in order to recommend and implement successful, cost effective IT solutions
- Strong business planning skills to execute strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes; requires a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues
- Experience with full systems development life cycles in both custom developed applications and packaged solutions. Must be able to perform analysis and make recommendations on custom vs. packaged solutions taking into account the long term total cost of ownership, and speed to market
- Proven ability to select and retain top talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Company Paid Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 13249 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT
consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is
because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information
technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT
jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading
provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry,
Software & Application Development ( .net and Java )
ERP & CRM
Quality Assurance and Testing
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology
staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly
believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing
and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has
developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee
recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to
promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology
consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll
be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope
you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when
you work with Vision.