Contact Us: 410.560.1444
Posted: January 31, 2017
Job ID: 13779
Job Category: Application Development
Senior Node.js Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology Services is seeking a Node.js Developer(Senior Level) to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
Client has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior Node Software Developer to provide Agile software development expertise and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products. The candidate will be collocated with government employees and subcontractors at a government facility. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Team working with other Agile teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, DevOps, Implementation team, Global Validation team, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop the DCPS application using open source technologies and products
· Extensive software development experience with Node.js (2+ years)
· Strong development experience with developing RESTful Web Services
· Comprehensive knowledge of Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos
· Complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues within open source applications
· Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
· Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, TOAD 9.5, JDBC, Hibernate, Omegamon
· Experience with other JavaScritpt frameworks such as Express, Restify, Hapi, Sails, JOI, and Kinex.
· Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, Unix, Solaris, JMS, OOD, CVS
· Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools
· Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration
· Standards & Protocols knowledge including XML, XSLT, WSDL, JSON
· Experience with Testing Tool including Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Supertest, Enzyme, Instanbul, Selenium, Load Runner, JSLint and Cucumber
· Experience with source code versioning with Git and Stash
· Experience with IDEs such as Sublime and Atom
· Knowledge of SonarCube, Phabricator, Gerritt, Karma, Jasmine
· Experience with projects using SAFe methodology
· Database development experience with PostgreSQL
· Experience with DevOps processes and implementation
· Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services
· Experience with NGiNX web server
· Experience with Redis In-memory data structure store and message broker
· Software contributions and pull requests for open source software
· Member of open source software communities
· Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate and to pay attention to detail
· Strong customer interface skills
· Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Company Paid Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 13779 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry, include:
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when you work with Vision.