Sr. Project Manager (13672)
Posted: November 29, 2016
Job ID: 13672
Job Category: Project Management/Business Analysis
Sr. Project Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The State Treasurer’s Office is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager to lead the execution of this project, in conjunction with the agency designated Functional and Technical Project Managers, from the planning phase all the way through to implementation.
- The STO istasked with carrying out several constitutional and statutory responsibilities on behalf of the State, including:Safeguarding and investment of excess cash balances;Timely redecoration and reconciliation of State funds;Issuance of statewide debt to finance capital projects;Procurement of all banking and financial services, insurance and insurance services; andStatewide insurance management to provide risk assessment and mitigation through loss protection, loss control and loss restoration for claims involving damage to State property and the Maryland Tort Claims Act.
- The State Treasurer's Office is currently operating the State Financial and Insurance Claims Management interface systems on technology that will no longer be supported beyond 2018. IBM has designated an end-of-service date of December 31, 2018 for our current midrange AS400/i5 Treasury Management System and Insurance Management System. In addition, our current technology does not support the increased needs of the State to provide greater constituent services including providing a way for citizens to search our database for outstanding checks in our Unpresented and Undeliverable Funds and allowing citizens the functionality of filing SITF Insurance claims online. The new systems will allow for expanded services to constituents through greater utilization of web interface functionalities and will replace the current accounting, reconciliation and claims management processes currently managed through the i5 system
- Consolidate and formalize business requirements to be used to define scope of ERP/CRM/TMS solution to include:
- Interview STO personnel as needed to evaluate processing, information, interface, and reporting requirements
- Document process flows, business rules, issues and concerns for the new system to be used in RFP
- Review processes and issues with STO audit
- Track resolution of outstanding issues
- Work with technical leads and developers to refine the requirements and understand the technical requirements and limitations in determining the best solution for i5 system replacement and process automation
- Evaluate current environment against best practices to establish a minimum set of project management standards and project deliverables
- Draft documents to solicit information for ERP/CRM/TMS solutions or research potential solutions in accordance with the State procurement process
- Draft Request for Proposal (RFP) for ERP/CRM/TMS solution
- Create (if necessary) manage updating and oversee Project Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structure, Integrated Master Schedule, Risk Management Plan, Deliverable Comments Matrix, Change Management Plan, Quality Management Plan, Master Status Report, Procurement Management Plan, Cost Management Plan
- Function as a liaison between Agency personnel, project stakeholders and any Contractors
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable on all aspects of the Project
- Oversee implementation of the project
- A Master's Degree is preferred.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Systems, Business or other related discipline.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in project management.
- PMI certification as a PMP or equivalent, as determined by the PO.
- Technical Certification such as Security+, CISSP, MCP, etc.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in managing IT related projects.
- Demonstrated a leadership role in at least three (3) successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- At least 10 years of experience working with emerging technology, showing a continued progression of knowledge and experience. Examples of emerging technologies would include cloud based solutions deployed on premises (ERP, CRM), Intelligent scanning solutions, Big Data Analytics, and web based interfacing applications for end-users.
- Provide Project Management consistent with PMI and PMBOK principles of Project Management and the State of MD SDLC.
- Manage and integrate project resources including oversight of the project team. Exercise PM best practices for the Project and oversee project activities consistent with the nine knowledge areas: Procurement management, Schedule management, Integration management, Scope integration, Cost management, Human resources management, Risk management, Quality management, and Communications Management
- At least five (5) years of experience in project management.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- At least three (3) years of experience within the past seven (7) years in conducting similar scope of work on comparable ERP/CRM/TMS projects with one of the following types of entities/clients:
- state or local governments, finance/banking industry, insurance claims management industry
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Order Number: 13672 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT
consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is
because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information
technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT
jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading
provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry,
Software & Application Development ( .net and Java )
ERP & CRM
Quality Assurance and Testing
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology
staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly
believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing
and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has
developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee
recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to
promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology
consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll
be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope
you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when
you work with Vision.