Technology and Application Support Analyst – Level 2 (13695)
Posted: December 09, 2016
Job ID: 13695
Job Category: Network Engineering & Administration
Technology and Application Support Analyst
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Technology and Application Support Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position has multiple roles including responsibility for providing computing support to staff on installations, usage, or maintenance of IT resources to ensure that the systems are functioning according to specifications and as an application support analyst providing direct end-user support. As a Level 2 position it is an escalation point for Level 1 Customer Support / Service Desk staff and other staff who require a high touch or higher level support than the Level 1 staff can provide. The candidate will work in a cross functional environment with IT and Business partners to proactively identify, design, develop, and deliver training to support the business including measurement of training initiatives effectiveness.
- Application support analyst assists users of computer and mobile applications. The analyst must be able to think creatively in order to implement improvements, and they may also be involved in installing new software and making updates. The analyst will also provide Tier 2 Service Desk support and handle support requests escalated from Tier 1 that involve longer term, project based IT support.
- Training and Service Desk support requests may come from several sources such as chat, email, or phone, so customer service skills are critical in this position. Application support analysts may also create frequently-asked-questions (FAQ) lists and troubleshooting guides to minimize the number of inquiries made. Problems and support requests that are reported should be researched, followed by resolutions, and problems should then continue to be monitored. The support analyst performs many tasks independently, but it's also important that the individual works well with others in both non-technical and technical positions to successfully obtain training or support results
- Provides direct technical support to staff on installations, usage, or maintenance of IT resources to ensure that the systems are functioning according to specifications. Escalates or works alongside the Level 3 IT staff on any issues unresolved at Level 2 by documenting, with concise description, actions, and diagnostic traces required for escalation
- Escalation point for Level 1 Service Desk staff and company staff requiring high touch or higher level support than the Level 1 staff can provide
- Able and expected to perform all Level 1 functions as required
- Responds to staff inquiries concerning system software and applications
- Provides immediate assistance for emergency, VIP or urgent situations
- Documents and logs all issues and actions into the IT Service Desk ticketing system or IT Knowledgebase
- Follows issues through to completion to ensure resolution and end user satisfaction has been achieved
- Works with other IT staff and non-IT staff on hardware and software testing
- Creates technical documents and training material
- Provides work direction, problem resolution, and training to other technical support personnel including 3rd parties
- Assist the IT team by answering questions, providing technical information and conducting demonstrations, both remotely and in person
- Participates in work groups to plan the direction of work processes and procedures
- Participates in and may oversee projects such as, but not limited to, computer deployment and asset management
- Participates in off-site travel to locations and other required facilities to perform job duties
- Working with cross-functional IT and business partners proactively identify, design, develop, and deliver strategic training needs to support business including measurement of training initiatives effectiveness
- Provide training on productivity suite applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365 suite such as Outlook, OneDrive, Skype, Word and Excel
- Deliver training via a variety of methods including group presentations, one-to-one sessions and in some cases via web conferencing
- Train both end users and department training coordinators and provide guidance to ensure that learning outcomes are achieved through effective presentation of material
- Ensure high training satisfaction ratings
- Maintain learning material and ensure best practice guidelines are followed across all Agency areas
- Develop clear and easy to use communication / feedback processes and procedures, in order to proactively stay in touch with business and client stakeholders and design and develop training material in line with the curriculum to ensure that learning outcomes are matched
- Participates in new staff training
- Coordinates ‘super-user’ group for training and ensures super-users train staff at their location
- Able to work a scheduled shift including evening, overnight, weekend shifts/hours and rotating on-call coverage
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3-5 years’ experience in customer service, such as IT Service Desk or technical support call center; user training with (but not limited to): VPN, Microsoft Office 365 suite, browser based cloud applications; and technical support providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated experience training end-users leveraging a variety of tools and techniques
- Must have current knowledge of Intel based computers and mobile devices, applications and current operating systems as well as hardware/software and general technology trends; working experience managing and contributing to a Web CMS is desired (WordPress preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint or word processing software such as Microsoft Word; ability to create FAQ’s, troubleshooting or other supporting documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to build professional relationships with end user community at all levels from senior management to individual contributors , including the ability to deal calmly, positively, and professionally with low PC technical skills or in tense or elevated situations and with upset or frustrated individuals
- Able to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain results and provide solutions for a broad range of technical problems.
- Work independently on escalated issues or training programs; able to manage time effectively and work efficiently, both with and without direct supervision
- Able to assess, coordinate and review all issues and impacts associated with applications support and business processes
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Order Number: 13695 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Vision Technology Services
Hiring managers and organizations have come to expect the industry's leading IT
consulting and staffing professionals from Vision Technology Services, LLC. That is
because Vision is committed to attracting and hiring the industry's leading information
technology professionals to our organization, and then matching our staff to the right IT
jobs, companies and projects.
Our Information Technology consulting and staffing expertise makes Vision a leading
provider of resources. Our core competencies, within the information technology industry,
Software & Application Development ( .net and Java )
ERP & CRM
Quality Assurance and Testing
Vision’s dedication and commitment to our consultants and information technology
staffing professionals is evidenced through our various employee programs. Vision strongly
believes in fostering each employee’s personal and career growth, as well as recognizing
and rewarding outstanding contributions and achievement. To back this up, Vision has
developed a comprehensive benefits package, extensive training options, and employee
recognition awards and incentives programs. These programs serve as the cornerstone to
promoting employee -- along with client - happiness and satisfaction.
This commitment supports our mission of transforming the Information Technology
consulting and staffing industry through relationships with our people. We think you'll
be impressed by both our depth of our IT resources and our recruitment process. We hope
you will learn more about us so to gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when
you work with Vision.